This project is read-only.

Documentation

Mar 15, 2008 at 4:34 PM
Hello, just annoying old me again. =P

After successfully compiling the source and playing around a little bit with the codebase, my interests have been perked even more. However, perhaps even to my own ignorance, I've been unable to locate extensive documentation on the code structure, even a simple UML diagram would be very nice. Does more documentation exist than what is contained within the docs folder?

I don't want to come across as lazy and not wanting to just parse through all the code, but even some documentation on file structure would help immensely. I like what I see so far and would love to be able to use TigerMUD as a new base for our MUD rewrite.

Thanks!

Dave
Coordinator
Mar 15, 2008 at 9:56 PM

No problem, glad you asked.

I spent alot of time writing the documentation back then, but the code has been updated since then so the docs don't cover the updates and changes correctly. It's a part time project for everyone, so the docs take a hit, basically. Howerver, you can use tools like Visual Studio to generate a UML diagrams automatically if that helps.

We've mainly relied on people reading the code to understand the depths of what's going on in the engine. But anything you need to know, please ask here so others can benefit from the Q&A and also lets the forums help supplement the docs where they are missing or wrong. Usually when someone asks a question, I just refer back to the code to answer it anyway. I remember some code I wrote, but we started this a few years ago so I don't remember everything from the top of my head.

Cheers!
Adam