This project is read-only.

Compile problems

Dec 8, 2007 at 2:46 PM
I have been trying to get the latest source to compile but I keep running inot errors. Lots of different errors it seems. Is there something special that needs to be done in order to get it to compile? At one point I was able to get it to somewhat compile by removing the TigerLIB reference (which showed it was missing) and then readding the TigerLIB project as the reference - but then it would crash after it ran for a minute or so.

Here are some of the errors:

Type or Namespace "Actor" not found...
The name "Lib" does not exist...
Cannot apply indexing with [] to expression of taype "Actor"
Type or Namespace "Command" not found...
Type or Namespace "ICommand" not found...
Type or Namespace "HelpInfo" not found...

Thanks,
ElSeeker
Coordinator
Dec 8, 2007 at 7:03 PM

ElSeeker wrote:
I have been trying to get the latest source to compile but I keep running inot errors. Lots of different errors it seems. Is there something special that needs to be done in order to get it to compile? At one point I was able to get it to somewhat compile by removing the TigerLIB reference (which showed it was missing) and then readding the TigerLIB project as the reference - but then it would crash after it ran for a minute or so.

Here are some of the errors:

Type or Namespace "Actor" not found...
The name "Lib" does not exist...
Cannot apply indexing with [] to expression of taype "Actor"
Type or Namespace "Command" not found...
Type or Namespace "ICommand" not found...
Type or Namespace "HelpInfo" not found...

Thanks,
ElSeeker

Hi!

Are you using VS2005 or 2008? Also, are you getting source from source control, or did you install using the MSI? You should be using source control, since the MSI is not really meant for advanced developers.

One issue that will display lots of errors the very first time you attempt to compile is that you have to compile twice, once for tigerlib, then again for the other projects that depend on it. However, you don't have to compile twice very single time, just the first time you get the source from source control.

Also, make sure that your MDB file is not set to read-only. Team explorer source control sets all files as read only until you do a checkout from source control.

Cheers!
Adam